The M-Audio FireWire Solo is a FireWire based computer interface specifically designed for songwriters to record guitars, vocals and other audio sources with the minimum of complexity. Compatible with most popular music software, the compact bus-powered unit is small enough to be easily portable.
In addition to the 1/4" guitar input on the front panel, an XLR microphone input with phantom power allows for the recording of vocals and acoustic instruments. There are also dual line inputs for effects, drum machines and other outboard gear. The FireWire Solo provides up to 24-bit/96kHz sample rate support and digital I/O, all in a package that is simple to connect and operate.
- High quality 24-bit/96kHz FireWire computer interface designed for songwriters to record with the minimum of complexity
- Microphone, guitar and line inputs
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- Dual FireWire ports with bus-power (+12VDC power supply included for use with 4-pin FireWire PCs)
- Included software allows for flexible routing/mixing with near-zero latency monitoring
- ASIO 2, WDM, GSIF2, MME and Core Audio compatible
- Digital output also supports pass-through of AC-3/DTS surround-encoded content
- Rack-mountable metal chassis