The Shure PGX-2 is a wireless handheld transmitter with a Shure SM58 microphone head. The PGX-2 is designed to be used with the PGX-4 (Performance series) wireless microphone receiver. The transmitter features a built-in infrared transmitter/receptor that enables the channel and frequency information to automatically sync with the receiver. The transmitter is powered with 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries for up to 8 hours.
Note! For system compatibility, the component's frequency MUST match your existing system/component frequency.
- SM58 Head
- The popular Shure SM58 is a favorite for live vocal applications. The capsule features a cardioid polar pattern that attenuates noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule. The cardioid pattern reduces feed-back when used near monitors and speakers.
- Automatic Transmitter Setup
- The PGX-2 transmitter features automatic channel and frequency setup via infrared sync between the transmitter and receiver.
- Audio Reference Companding
- Shure's Audio Reference Companding technology implements the companding process at the highest audio peaks only. The result is a more natural sounding audio signal, similar to that of a wired microphone.
- Long Battery Life
- The PGX-2 is powered for up to 8 hours on 2 AA-alkaline batteries.