The Kinetronics SpeckGrabber Pro Kit is a unique tool designed to remove individual contaminant particles from delicate and sensitive surfaces without danger of damaging or causing additional contamination.
A small soft washable pad on the end of the SpeckGrabber provides a high adhesion surface that sticks to contaminant particles with considerably more cohesive force than the contaminated surface.
When the SpeckGrabber is put in contact with the particle, it adheres to the particle, while leaving no residue on the contacted surface.
The SpeckGrabber Pro has a soft rubber handle that makes it easier to control while removing dust from camera mirrors or digital sensors.
Instructions for Use:
- Carefully insert one of the replacement tips into the SpeckGrabber handle.
- Avoid crimping the tube. Using a "daubing" action holding the SpeckGrabber straight up and down to capture dust on the tip.
- Keeping the SpeckGrabber tip clean will insure smudge-free cleaning.
- Dip the SpeckGrabber into the Precision Cleaning Solution, and gently wipe the tip of with the Tiger Cloth to remove any oils or debris.
- This Pro model has a heavy-duty rubberized grip.
- Non-conductive, and may be used on active CCDs allowing the technician to monitor the decontamination process.
- May be used on disk drive heads, optical sensors such a CCD arrays, mirrors and lenses, UV windows, films and silicon wafers among other hard to clean surfaces.
- May repeatedly cleaned in water, or soap solution without diminishing its adhesive qualities.