SoundSoap 2 from Bias is a suite of audio processors dedicated to "cleaning" audio, whether the audio is involved with shooting videos, building websites, creating presentations, or making music. Although the program uses advanced technology to do its job, the complex processes are transparent to the end user.
The "Learn Noise" button will automatically create a noise profile and adjust the "Noise Tuner" and "Noise Reduction" knobs to their ideal setting. The software needs a small chunk of "noise-only" source to perform the analysis. The two knobs can also be used in manual mode. Noise Tuner allows the user to tune-in to the hiss or background noise that needs removal. Likewise, the Noise Reduction control dials in the amount of reduction that is applied to the source material.
SoundSoap 2 now features a "Click and Crackle" control for removing noise from vinyl recordings, and an "Enhance" function that restores some of the high frequency content that can be lost in restoration work. A "Remove Rumble" button deals with low frequency noise such as an idling truck, or any similar noise below 40 Hz. The "Remove Hum" button reduces loud hum, such as is usually introduced by electrical interference from fluorescent lights or inferior wiring.
The software offers a choice of defeating either 60Hz generated hum for regions with 120VAC electrical supply, or 50Hz for regions with 220VAC. A unique feature within the program is the "Wash Window" which provides, by using colors, a graphic representation of the "cleaning" process. On one side of the window the display shows the unprocessed signal, while the other shows the "cleaned" audio.
- The ideal audio companion for video editing software, audio CD burning software, digital audio workstation, an audio-enabled website, presentation software or any other multimedia application
- Removes hiss, hum and buzzing, rumble and most other noise without harming the the main program audio
- Easy and intuitive workspace makes cleaning audio a snap
- Noise Only mode allows the user to listen only to the noise being removed and is ideal for fine-tuning SoundSoap's controls
- Works as a Stand-Alone application or as a plug-in for host applications that support RTAS, Audio Units, VST and DirectX formats