The Xdirect from ART is a high quality interface that allows for connecting instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced input. The high impedance single-ended 1/4" and XLR inputs are buffered and converted, by very low noise active electronics, into an isolated balanced low impedance signal source.
The unit has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels while still maintaining an isolated balanced low impedance output. This gives the Xdirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
The Xdirect's active circuitry is powered by an internal 9V battery, when external power is not available. In this mode it draws 3.5mA which should provide more than 250 hours of operation off of a new battery. If phantom power is available, then the unit will automatically draw its power from the external source.
- The input attenuator switches allow for a wide range of input signal levels
- The Input Link jack allows for tapping off of the signal chain for additional routing
- A ground lift switch allows for totally separating the input and output signal grounds when appropriate, to isolate two systems thereby reducing hum and ground-loop noise
- Switchable low pass filter cuts out all very high frequency interference. This Bessel filter on the input is placed out of the audio range and is primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system
- The filter is also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the Xdirect as an interface between a computer based audio workstation and speaker monitors
- A phase invert switch allows the user to switch signal polarity right at the source
- The compact black anodized all aluminum case and its flexible power design allow the DI to provide years of trouble free service in live sound, fixed install, DJ and virtually any PA application