The DriveRack 220i from dbx is a two-channel, fully-featured signal processor for fixed audio installations, and provides both microphone (with phantom power) and line level input. Uses include providing feedback suppression and processing for microphones prior to a mixer, or for sending music and paging to two different locations, with the ability to specify what source each zone receives.
For line input/output gain and processing, the unit needs to be programmed from a Windows based computer, utilizing the included software. RS-232 connectors are available on both the front- and rear-panels. The software provides control over all of the processing functions and includes twenty internal programs with up to ten being user configurable. Microphone gain can be physically adjusted from the rear-panel.
The signal processing functions include input gain and mixing, graphic or parametric equalization, compression, limiting, gating, automatic gain control (AGC), ducking, de-essing, advanced feedback suppression (AFS), notch filters, sub-harmonic synthesis, matrix mixing, band-pass filtering and delay. Front panel controls include program selection and load buttons, along with dual, six-segment input/output LED meters and clip LEDs.
External control is possible via optional ZC wall mounted controllers that fit into standard wall boxes and allow for remote program selection, output level control and muting. Up to six such controls can be used with the DriveRack 220i. All program memory is non-volatile, providing program security should power or the computer fail.
- Dual channel signal processor with an Advanced Feedback Suppression (AFS) algorithm and comprehensive dynamics and EQ processing
- Provides graphic and parametric EQ, band-pass filters and de-essing
- Dynamics include compression and limiting, automatic gain control, ducking and noise gating
- Up to 1.3 seconds of delay
- Includes twenty factory set-ups with up to ten user configurable
- Allows for remote hardware control via optional wall-mounted Zone Controllers
- Security lockout
- RS-232 PC GUI control with included Windows software