The NM 1 Network Mic Preamp from Rane is a single channel CobraNet I/O box that includes a single studio-grade microphone input with +48 volt phantom power, and a single amplifier output for connection to an external loudspeaker. The unit is designed for any application that requires audio over CobraNet.
The NM 1 is powered through the connecting CAT 5 cable, utilizing Power Over Ethernet (PoE), and is fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3af standard as a Powered Device (PD). No other power source is required. Also featured is logic I/O on a DB-15 connector for external switch control and for providing indicator LED status.
The unit contains two CobraNet connectors, with the second available for data, while also functioning as a redundant power supply. Switching between ports is almost seamless and audio interruption is minimal. If the primary port fails, the secondary port takes over very quickly, typically within 10 ms, without loss of programmed settings.
All parameters are controllable via standard SNMP messages including microphone gain and muting, amplifier output level and muting, and CobraNet Audio channel and Bundle assignments. Four exterior switches assign the NM 1 MIB's SysName variable to uniquely identify each unit on the network.
- CobraNet microphone preamp with phantom power and power amplifier for a monitor speaker
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) with built-in redundancy
- Supports audio over CobraNet
- Dual CobraNet interfaces for hardware redundancy
- SNMP Software-controlled preamp gain
- Switch/LED interface
- Switch selectable address
- Includes Rane's NM 1 "Search and Control" software for Windows XP
- All metal connectors with captive features