The Sony DCR-TRV285E "PAL" Digital 8 Camcorder will provide users with their first experience of a digital camcorder and video editing on a PC. It offers an equally attractive upgrade path to users of analog video, as other enhancements include a bundled software application that can burn footage to the popular Video CD format. A Digital 8 Handycam is ideal for those first exciting steps into digital video.
Analog users can rest assured that they can keep their memories safe by bringing footage on older format tapes into the digital domain with the bundled Picture Package software.
- Digital 8 Video Recording
- Digital 8 recording format delivers 3x the color bandwidth of VHS (Video Home System)with less video noise, providing a high-quality performance.
- i.Link (IEEE-1394) FireWire
- Provides a high-speed, bi-directional digital link between camcorders or VCRs for digital to digital editing, which delivers unmatched versatility and performance.
- USB Streaming
You can turn your camcorder into a video conferencing tool or webcam. Stream live and recorded moving video to a PC via USB. Make your own digital quality movies.
Stream and share content with family and friends by broadcasting live video and audio via the Internet with the USB interface. [320 x 240 up to 30 frames/sec]
- NightShot Plus
- Low-level light recording technology is incorporated in the form of Night Shot Plus, which can record in more natural color in low-light environments.
- Program Auto Exposure
- AE modes make all necessary settings to shutter speed, aperture, and focus for a variety of indoor and outdoor situations. For virtually perfect shooting in any environment, choose from Portrait, Sports, Spotlight, Beach and Ski, Landscape, Sunset and Moon modes.
- Photo Mode
- By using Sony's Adaptive Frame Interpolation for better image quality, you can store hundreds of individual still images with 7 seconds of audio onto the video tape.
- Built-In Light
- Brightens your videos when shooting in low-light situations.
- Picture Effects
Get creative when recording or playing back videos with Picture Effect modes.
Effects available in camera mode: Negative Art, Sepia, Black & White, Solarization, Slim, Strech, Pastel and Mosaic
Effects available in Playback mode: Negative Art, Sepia, Black & White and Solarization
- Manual Focus
- Permits the user to adjust the camcorders focus, allowing more control in difficult situations.
- Picture Package software
- Movies can be enhanced using the supplied Picture Package software. This can apply soundtracks and video effects to your captured footage and burn the result to Video CD in three easy steps.