Fotospeed DY15 Fotodyes are designed to be used on any type of photographic emulsion, either black & white or color transparencies, negatives or prints.
- As true dyes, they are completely absorbed by the emulsion leaving no surface marking
- The dyes come in a set of 11 different colors with one reducer . All the dyes can be fully intermixed and /or diluted to produce any color or shade required.
- The dyes are extremely concentrated and caution should initially be exercised when diluting for use. It is very rare to use the dye undiluted except to color 35mm title slides.
- When using for the first time, it is suggested that you test the strength of color on scrap prints. As a first test use 3 drops of dye to 1 teaspoon of water. You can then see the effect of stronger color by adding more drops of dye
- To obtain the best results prepare the surface by wiping over with a 2% solution of wetting agent such as Fotospeed RA50 but removing surface moisture before applying the dyes. While this step is not essential it will assist in even dye takeup particularly on large areas.
- Although these dyes are water soluble, it is difficult to remove them with water since they are absorbed by the emulsion. The dye can be completely removed by using the Reducing Agent in the kit undiluted with a cotton bud. After removing the dye remove the surplus reducer with damp cotton wool before drying the print.
- Can be used on black & white or color prints, as well as negatives and transparencies