The S218s from Mackie is a precise passive subwoofer designed for low-end reinforcement in live applications. Designed and tuned by EAW, the subwoofer has a large 18" woofer capable of reproducing frequencies as low as 38Hz. The solid birch bass-reflex cabinet is designed to handle the rigors of professional use, and to provide very high sound pressure levels. An internal low-pass filter allows you to connect a full-range signal without the need for an external crossover.
The cabinet has a tough PVC vinyl covering and a steel grille to survive the roughest handling, and each side has an integrated carrying handle for easy transportation. The rear panel of the cabinet features a Neutrik Speakon and a 1/4" TS input so that you'll never be without the proper cable to connect to a system. The top of the cabinet has a pole mount socket so that you can mount a loudspeaker on top of the subwoofer.
Note! This subwoofer is intended for floor use only. It should not be flown/suspended.
- Precise passive subwoofer for live sound designed and tuned by EAW
- Large 18" front-firing driver provides high sound pressure levels and a very low frequency response
- Built-in low-pass filter eliminates the need for external crossovers
- Solid Baltic birch bass-reflex cabinet with PVC vinyl covering and strong steel grille for extreme durability
- Integrated carrying handles and a pole mount socket for mounting a loudspeaker
- Neutrik Speakon and 1/4" TS input connectors
- Capable of handling up to 500W long-term power