The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Complement Amber 1 Glass Filter is part of a series of special effect filters intended to balance the overall tone of your image. Graduated Complement filters provide the needed color balance to half of your image by filling in a "complementary" color. Tiffen Complementary filters are designed to be used together with a Color-Grad filter in this manner, or to add a bit of color interest on their own.
A beautiful sunset, a serene ocean and a wooden pier with an old fisherman standing alone at the end of the dock. What a photo it is! So, you throw on your Graduated Twilight filter and the vast sky dominating the image gets "bumped" up in color and contrast. But what about the foreground? The Graduated Complement filter allows you to "share" some of that "bump" with the all-too-often forgotten foreground. Thus, the entire image benefits. The overall tint your photo now has makes it an even better photo.
Note! Tiffen Complement Filters are available in two grades: Grade 1 provides milder tones; Grade 2 is for more dramatic color
Complement Filters Come in 3 Color Series
- Blue for use with Tropic Blue, Cyan, Cool Blue, Grape, Blue and Twilight
- Red for use with Plum, Magenta, Cranberry, Pink, Red, Skyfire, and Twilight
- Amber for use with Chocolate, Sepia, Coral, Tangerine, Tobacco, Straw, Antique Suede, Skyfire and Sunset
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence