Newtonian reflector telescopes offer a number of excellent features including freedom from most optical aberrations, reasonable compactness & portability and most importantly a ton of light gathering power per dollar you spend.
The 114mm (4.5") Newtonian equatorial telescope is the most popular configuration for more serious beginning or intermediate level astronomy enthusiasts. Deep-sky observation of galaxies, star clusters and nebulae, as well as lunar and planetary viewing are all possible with stunning resolution.
Celestron's NexStar SLT (Star Locating Telescope) refractors and reflectors have a sophisticated alignment system called SkyAlign, which lets you use practically any three celestial objects to align the scope when these are included with the date, time and location. It is fast, accurate and easily performed by anyone.
- Pre-assembled adjustable stainless steel tripod
- Quick release fork arm and tube
- Auxiliary port accepts accessories such as the CN-16 GPS module
- City database of USA and international highlights easily sets location
- Can be used for terrestrial observations at distance