The QSC CX108V is a lightweight, rackmount, 8-channel 70V power amplifier with a custom security cover, built primarily for use in fixed installation sound systems. The 100 Watts/Ch. @70V unit, which may be bridged for 4 - 7 channel operation, offers a solid complement of controls and indicators, with detented rotary gain control knobs, LF filter switches, and clip LED's. Also featured is a set of 4 HD15 Dataports, one per channel pair, which enable computer-networked remote amplifier management and signal processing, using QSCcontrol software.
The CX108V is equipped with a varispeed fan cooling system with rear to front airflow, and the energy-efficient Powerwave technology for the switching power supply. The Powerwave design sends current to the amp's power circuitry via a very low impedance circuit, charging the supply rails a staggering 230,000 times a second. The result is a consistently clean signal and predictable power distribution, with lowered thermal buildup and improved signal reproduction
The CX108V incorporates the design, cost-effective operation, and performance features that QSC is able to implement after three decades of experience building amplifiers serving all professional sound markets.
- Lightweight 21 lb., 8-channel rackmount installation power amplifier with 100 Watts per channel at 70V
- Integrated security cover for "set and forget" tamper-proof installation
- Proprietary PowerWave switch-mode power supply technology for efficient performance and compact size
- Innovative Active Inrush Limiting design eliminates AC inrush current, eliminates cost of and need for expensive power sequencers
- Varispeed fan cooling with rear to front airflow and front panel grill
- HD15 DataPort connectors for QSControl computer software integration, remote control of installed setups
- Bridgeable channel pairs for flexible routing, power distribution
- Individual Channel DIP switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge-mono and parallel operation
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers, prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material
- Comprehensive protection circuitry includes DC, infrasonic, thermal overload and short circuit protection
- Dedicated front panel indicators include Signal, Clip/Protect, unique Bridge-Mono and Parallel LEDs
- Individual front panel 1dB detented rotary gain controls for simplified, more precise settings
- Detachable Euroblock input connectors, unified Barrier Strip output connector