The JPC from Radial Engineering is a stereo direct box that has been specifically designed for connecting computer sound cards and other consumer electronic products to a professional sound system. It combines the advantages of transformer-isolated inputs with an active drive circuit.
Transformer coupled inputs isolate the source from the destination. This eliminates 60-cycle hum and buzz. Because the active circuit does all of the impedance conversion and balancing, a dedicated 1:1 transformer can be used. This results in a hybrid design that is at once great sounding, compact and affordable.
The book-cover wrap-around sleeve design protects switches and connectors from damage while the 14 gauge steel I-beam construction eliminates stress that could torque the PC board and cause solder joint failure. A full-bottom no-slip pad provides electrical insulation and mechanical isolation.
- Active, stereo DI for computer sound cards and other A/V applications
- Converts -10dBV to balanced XLR mic level
- Active drive circuit allow for long cable runs
- 48V phantom power eliminates the need for batteries
- Transformer isolation prevents ground loops
- Compact design with ultra rugged 14-gauge steel construction