ASL "Analogue Sequencer Loops from Zero-G and distributed by EastWest is a virtual sound module which, as its name implies, contains 1,000 analog loops generated exclusively using classic analog synthesizers and hardware analog sequencers, captured with 24-bit sampling resolution.
The library includes a plug-in/stand-alone audio engine/interface from Native Instruments, based on their INTAKT virtual sampler and which is specifically designed for rhythmic loop playback and manipulation. However, the user is not limited to just playing back the loops at various tempos. Processes include time stretching, pitch shifting, along with filters, effects and modulation.
The collection contains seven categories of loops and FX loops that are further subdivided into seven tempo groups ranging from 90 to 150 BPM. With the INTAKT interface's ability to play back loops at varying tempos these are provided purely for convenience.
ASL "Analogue Sequencer Loop" functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST, AU and RTAS for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST and DXi for Windows XP
- Large collection of loops created entirely with hardware analog sequencers and synthesizers
- Over 1.5GB of sample data
- Library provides access to individual instruments and individual hits within loops
- Easy synchronization of loops to MIDI tempo
- MIDI file export permits groove, accent and feel manipulation in any host sequencer
- Modulation section provides AHDSR envelope, two individual syncable LFOs, envelope follower and a DBD pitch envelope
- The entire sound library can also be loaded into other Native Instruments' samplers including INTAKT and KONTAKT (version 1.5 or later,) allowing for even more flexibility and options while working with the material