The Schneider 1100mm f/22 Fine Art XXL Lens is a modern lens option for that most special breed of photographer, those using cameras larger than 8x10 format. Believe it or not, in today's digital age there are still about a dozen manufacturers specializing in made-by-hand enormous cameras ranging from 11x14 up to 20x24. With these enormous cameras, there has been a neglect in the market for a lens, and historically all those who would try to photograph with such a camera had to resort to using a lens that was at least 50 years old, from the prime of Ansel Adams' career. No more.
The Fine Art XXL benefits from today's computer-based advances in production. It has a huge 900mm image circle, modern multicoatings (which cannot be said of any older lens option here), uniform sharpness across the entire field and at all apertures, and 105mm filter threadings upon both sides of the lens. It is rendered in a distinct lacquered brass finish to match the unique look of ultra large format cameras, which are primarily constructed from cherry, ebony, or mahogany woods.
This version of the 1100mm XXL has a Copal #3 shutter, which limits the maximum aperture to f/22, but if you need a brighter lens it is also available as just a barrel lens, which permits an f/14 maximum aperture.
- Extremely sharp, modern lens for with formats of 8x10 up to 20x24
- Coverage of 45.7° with 4 element/4 group symmetrical optical formula
- Uniform sharpness across entire 900mm image area, and at all apertures
- Accepts 105mm filters upon either side of lens
- Distinct lacquered brass barrel
- Standard-style Copal #3 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/125th speed (also available as a barrel lens)