Sonic Synth 2 from IK Multimedia is a sixteen part multi-timbral sample-based synthesizer workstation with over 5000 sounds, 8 GB of samples delivered on two DVDs.
The plug-in works with most applications running under Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP, has comprehensive MIDI control and complete sound editing with access to fifty synthesizer-sampler engine controls.
In addition to a full complement of sounds, including vintage and modern synthesizers, orchestral instruments, ethic instruments and full percussion, the software delivers a massive selection of partials to be used as elements in combination patches, including waves of nearly every vintage synth, noise formats, wine glasses, vocal elements, groove elements and much more.
Sonik Synth 2 functions as follows:
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST, AU and RTAS for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST, RTAS and DXi for Windows 2000/XP
- Synthesizer workstation with over 5000 sounds and 8.0 GB of modern and vintage instruments
- A complete songwriting, producing and arranging tool with 16 multi-timbral parts, 3 synthesizer engines including STRETCH, 32 built-in analog modeled DSP effects with BPM sync and more
- Types of synthesis include analog, digital, FM, physical modeling, wavetable, granular, additive, resynthesis and more
- Sounds include rich evolving motion synthesizers, pads, leads, basses, electronic drums, percussion and FX, as well as pianos, organs, guitars, drum kits and beats, orchestral instruments, human voices, ethnic instruments and more. Also features a 152MB, three-dynamics, grand piano and other first call high performance instruments
- Includes a virtual museum of vintage keyboards that include the analog sounds of Arp, Moog, Oberheim, Roland Jupiter, Gleeman, Voyetra, Serge, EMS Synthi, SC Prophet, Melotron, Rhodes, Wurlitzer and the B3
- Array of integrated DSP effects featuring AmpliTube and T-RackS, vintage phasers, flangers, chorus, delays, bit-crushers, analog filters and more
- A built-in search engine with images of the instruments and an efficient design