The age of digital miniaturization has reached the Radio Slave category, with the MicroSync Digital 4 Channel Radio Slave System. Using a hot shoe mount transmitter about the size of a CompactFlash memory card, it instantly sends a wake-up AND triggering signal to its mated Phono, or Mono Plug style receiver plugged directly into your strobe pack or monolight. Any off-camera flash that has a PC sync terminal may also be fired, using an optional sub-mini to PC sync cord.
This 4 channel system functions through walls, at distances of up to 100 feet, and works with a top camera shutter speed of 1/180 second. The default channel is #1, but the frequency may be reset easily, should there be any local radio interference.
Note: Does not work with Speedotron Black Line packs built 1999 or before. The use of a Wein Safe Sync is highly reccomended for use with any Speedotron power pack, because of their high sync voltages.
- Compact and Economical
- Smaller and less expensive than the currently leading radio slave.
- Triggers Flashes or Cameras
- Triggering of all Canon, most Nikon (NOT D40, 40X, D70, D70S, D80), and all Pentax Digital SLRs is possible, with an optional trigger cord. Simultaneous firing of camera AND flash is possible, using 2 MicroSync sets -- transmitter #1 in your hand, transmitter #2 on your camera's hot shoe (on a different channel), receiver #1 with appropriate cable connected to your camera, and receiver #2 connected to your flash (on transmitter #2's channel).
- Adapter Plug Available
- Converts 3.5 mm (Mini) to MicroSync's 2.5 mm (Sub-Mini) style plug. Order part #VMC114.
- Conserves Battery Power
Transmitter uses thin, lithium battery.
Receiver "sleeps" until the instant it's needed.
Its 2- AA batteries last up to a year, according to the manufacturer.
- Triggers With or Without Hot Shoe
- If your camera has no hot shoe, but has a sync terminal, attach the transmitter with an optional sub-mini to PC sync cord.
- Two Kits Available
- This set is also available with an "H" plug style receiver (#VMTRH).