Nikon manufacturers several eyepieces for their premium Fieldscope line of spotting scopes, allowing the user quick changeovers with brilliant performance & a diverse selection of viewing options. The apparent viewing field on this eyepiece is a staggeringly-wide 72°, the same as its #7462 sibling, but this DS Series eyepiece was created as an alternative with digiscoping specifically in mind.
The DS Series will work with your digital camera with less chance of vignetting (darkening of the image's edges) than is the case with the normal fixed-magnification eyepieces, but also include a normal eyecup for traditional observing.
As with all digiscoping efforts, you'll need a sturdy tripod with a video-type pan/tilt head as well as a cable release or remote control for your camera if possible. Logical choices for a tripod/head combination are indicated here as accessories, with an ascending order in price & support.
Note: NOT for use with Fieldscope I.
- Waterproof & fogproof design
- All Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces are fully multicoated upon every air-to-glass surface
- Superior eye relief than the traditional non-DS series eyepieces
- Combine with the FSB-1 Adapter for the Coolpix 4200, 5200, 5900 & 7900
- When you're digiscoping with the Nikon Coolpix 4200, 5200, 5900 & 7900 digital cameras, you'll only need to purchase the FSB-1 Non-SLR Digital Photo Adapter as the final piece to the puzzle.
- Combine with the FSB-2 Adapter for the Coolpix 4600 & 5600
- When you're digiscoping with the Coolpix 4600 & 5600 digital cameras, you'll only need to purchase the FSB-2 Non-SLR Digital Photo Adapter(with its included FSBR-2 adapter for this eyepiece) to get started.
- Combine with the FSB-3 Adapter for the Coolpix P1 & P2
- When you're digiscoping with the Coolpix P1 & P2 digital cameras, you'll only need to purchase the FSB-3 Non-SLR Digital Photo Adapter(with its included FSBR-3 adapter for this eyepiece) to get started.
- Combine with the FSA-3 Adapter + Attachment Ring f/ Coolpix 880/885/900/4300/4500/5000
- When you're digiscoping with the Nikon Coolpix 880, 885, 900, 4300, 4500 & 5000 digital cameras, you'll need the FSA-3 Non-SLR Digital Photo Adapter as well as the specific attachment ring corresponding to your camera. They're all listed here in the recommended accessories section.