From Applied Microphone Technology (AMT), the M40 microphone is every bit as revolutionary in it's profile as it is in sound quality. Primarily designed for capturing piano, the M40 is also ideal for boundary style layer capturing in conferences and stage performances. The condenser microphone features a cardioid polar pattern and rests on an attached surface, enabling the entire microphone to be placed flat on top of a piano's sound board.
Sound board placement results in a detailed, transparent signal reproduction seldom achieved with traditional piano miking techniques. The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing off-axis noise and ambient audio signal. The M40 is powered via an external phantom power supply source or 9-volt battery and an attached 5-foot cable is wired to the external power supply/output stage. The output stage features a standard 3-pin XLR male output connection. The rugged, non-corrosive aluminum enclosure effectively protects the microphone from sudden shock.
- Piano Sound Board Mounted
- The M40 features a condenser element fixed onto a flat surface, enabling the microphone to be mounted on a piano sound board.
- Detailed Audio Fidelity
- The frequency and sensitivity response characteristics result in transparent, detailed, warm audio fidelity.
- High SPL Handling
- The microphone is capable of withstanding sound pressure levels up to 141dB. The result is wide dynamics without peak distortion.
- External Output Stage
- A separate, external output stage is attached to the element with a 5-foot cable. The output stage itself features a standard 3-pin XLR output connection.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes noise and ambient audio at the off-axis sections of the capsule.
- Battery or Phantom Power
- The microphone is powered via external phantom power source or 9-volt battery.