From Applied Microphone Technologies (AMT), comes the VS microphone. The VS is a miniature cardioid, condenser microphone designed for use with violin, viola and mandolin. The entire microphone and mounting mechanism is designed to clamp securely to the body of the instrument without damage to it's finish.
The element itself is attached to a flexible gooseneck, allowing easy positioning at the sound board. The cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes off-axis audio that causes noise and feedback. An external beltpack provides the output stage and power supply for the microphone. The beltpack also provides variable impedance for line level output and standard a XLR output connector. The VS is powered with external 12-52VDC phantom power or 9-volt battery.
- Miniature Element and Mounting System
- The miniature design of the microphone and mount provide an unobtrusive, secure hold without damaging the intrument's finish.
- External Beltpack / Power Supply
- An external beltpack provides 12-52VDC phantom power via external sources or houses a 9-Volt battery. The pack features a standard XLR output connection and can be worn during performances.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and residual audio at the off-axis sections of the capsule.
- Shock Mounting
- The element is mounted in an integrated shock mount that suppresses handling and surface noise.
- Variable Output Impedance
- The beltpack / output stage features a level control that adjusts of line level output if necessary.