ATN's Aires MK390 Paladin is a large night vision riflescope that performs admirably well as a 1st generation unit. Thanks to the broad 90mm diameter objective lens, the MK390 Paladin can draw in the light needed to provide a great view at its high 4x magnification. ATN's flagship 1st generation unit, the Paladin is equipped with their enormously strong 450mw infrared illuminator which can project a beam that's easily seen at suprising distances.
There are many different variables that effect the distance that one can see with a night vision device, among them the object's size, the level of details being sought from the object and the conditions of observation. Night vision devices detect much further under a full moon and clear skies than they will under a new moon and cloudy skies. Many different formulas are used to determine the statistic of maximum viewing range and this varies by manufacturer, so ultimately the generation of the intensifier tube is much more relevant than any quoted statistic when determining the maximum viewing range.
All night vision devices sold by B&H have mechanisms in place to protect the intensifier tube from a sudden burst of bright light, but this does not mean that bright light doesn't damage the device. Bright light in any form is not good for the longevity and performance of image intensifier tubes.
- Extremely Powerful Infrared Illuminator
- The 450mw infrared illuminator is incredibly strong & equipped with dedicated elevation/windage adjustments.
- "Red on Green" Reticle type; Four broad & tapered posts
- Adjustable reticle brightness
- ±5 Dioptric correction
- 10-20 Hours of battery life, depending upon useage of infrared illumination
- Extreme temperature operating range
- Optional SLR-type camera adapter allows documentation of viewing(requires camera-specific T-mount adapter)