The Alesis M1Active 520 is an active 2-way studio monitor, sold as a pair. This modestly priced speaker offers 75 Watts of bi-amplification, powering a magnetically shielded 5" woofer and 1" tweeter, all housed in a flashy, minimal-resonance, bass-ported cabinet, replete with a cleverly mounted combination power switch and clip light.
The rear panel of the M1Active 520 is equipped with the above-mentioned Bass Port, a set of frequency control switches for fine-tuning in a given acoustic environment, a Gain control knob, professional XLR and 1/4" connectors, and a dual-voltage switch for the AC power supply.
The M1Active 520 ultimately represents an affordable solution for project and commercial recording or video production facilities.
- 2-way active nearfield studio monitor with 75W of biamplified power
- Top mounted, integrated Power Switch and Clip Light bar
- Magnetically shielded 5" woofer and 1" silk dome tweeter for closeproximity use with computer and video monitors
- Acoustical waveguide for improved imaging with minimal diffraction for greater clarity of frequency reproduction 1" thick front baffle minimizes speaker resonance and unwanted reflections
- 1" thick front baffle minimizes speaker resonance and unwanted reflections
- Rear panel Bass reflex port for tighter low end reproduction, Acoustic Space Switch compensates for speaker placement adjacent to corners and walls
- Hi, Mid, and Low Frequency EQ switches to accommodate user preference and sub-woofers
- 110/220 dual voltage AC switch for international use