The Sigma 800mm f/5.6 EX DG APO HSM is an apochromatic extreme-telephoto lens with a fast f/5.6 maximum aperture. The ultra-quiet Hyper Sonic Motor (H.S.M.) and Internal Focusing features assist autofocus speed and handling.
The DG lens design corrects for various aberrations. This lens is specially coated to get the best color balance, while cutting down on ghosting caused by reflections from the digital image sensor. The lens provides the utmost correction against lateral chromatic aberration, which is a serious problem for digital SLR cameras.
This lens is an excellent choice for any long-distance application, e.g. outdoor sports, wildlife, news photojournalism, and so on.
- Powerful and silent Hyper Sonic Motor enables fulltime manual focus override
- Sigma's dedicated APO EX 1.4x and 2x teleconverters can be used with this lens, effectively converting it into a 1120mm f/8 or 1600mm f/11 lens
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion glass elements reduce chromatic aberration to a minimum
- A rotating filter holder in the rear of the lens barrel enables easy use of the included circular polarizer
- Lead and arsenic free ecological glass