Arca Swiss has taken the portable view camera principle to a new level with the Arca-Swiss 4x5 F-Line Misura View Camera. This lightweight camera features self-contained transit protection in the form of a beautiful leather covering. Intelligent engineering has yielded a design as limitless and rewarding as many studio camera designs with the unique capacity to be carried like a small shoulder bag.
As a system, the Arca Swiss F-Classic cameras are incredibly precise and professional view cameras featuring calibrated, easily accessed control blocks (they call them 'function carriers). Focusing is done with your right hand, with finely geared control available from both the front and the rear standard, unlike most field cameras. All camera movements are done on the left. This special Misura version of the 4x5 format offers a custom 32cm folding monorail, which accommodates the included bellows and folds up inside the leather shell case for travel.
The 4x5 Misura offers 78mm of front rise and 85mm of rear rise, with 70mm of lateral shift upon the front standard. While the rear standard is fixed except for its rise function, the front offers Arca-Swiss' "Orbix" center tilt for easy control over the plane of focus and the depth of field in the images. The bottom of the leather case features a standard Arca-type quick release plate, which fits directly into any Arca-type quick release clamp, itself an adored professional standard. The Arca Swiss 4x5 Misura is a supreme quality, easily transported professional tool for those that frequently travel, ideal for use with medium format film backs (up to 6x9) and very good for use with digital backs made to fit medium format SLR system cameras.
- An incredibly precise view camera which folds into its own leather case carrier
- Fully modular system with extensive accessories for viewing, conversion, etc.
- Great for use with digital backs and lenses
- Folding 32cm monorail and 30cm conical bellows
- Accepts 35-270mm lenses, and 300mm lenses can be used @ infinity by inverting front standard
- Rapid, friction-based ungeared movements
- 78mm Front rise & 85mm rear rise
- 70mm of shift upon front standard
- Front "Orbix" center based tilt
- Standard 110mm lensboard
- Rail inserts directly into any Arca-type quick release