The Panasonic AJ-SD255 is a compact, half rack size professional DVCPRO video recorder that will also perform DV format recordings and playback. Outstanding picture quality is maintained with 58 dB signal to noise ratio. It features two audio channels with 48-kHz sampling. The unit also has optional slots for cards supplying FireWire and SDI video connectors.
- DV Format Recording and Playback
- The AJ-SD255 is a DVCPRO VTR that provides DV format functions. Recording and playback are possible with both standard and mini sized DV cassettes for cost effective applications. The unit will even accept the four-hour large cassette for DV recordings. In DVCPRO mode, the maximum record time is two hours with the AJ-P126LP cassette.
- Analog In and Out
- The deck supplies the 3-BNC connectors for component video, composite video and Y/C transfers. Two channels of audio, XLR connectors are present for both input and output. A monitor out BNC connector and a stereo phono jack are also provided for audio output.
- Digital Options
- The AJ-SD255 can accept one or two digital boards for unmatched transfer quality. The AJ-YAD255G provides the deck with a 6-pin FireWire connector. There is also the uncompressed digital option with the AJ-YA94G. This card supplies BNC connectors for input and output.
- Joystick Search and Menu Features
- The front panel of the deck has a small joystick for jog/shuttle functions and to navigate the menu system. The joystick controller also can be used to select time code values.