The Schoeps MK4 is part of the Colette series of modular capsules designed for use with the CMC preamplifiers. The cardioid polar pattern results in maximum rejection of rear incidental audio signal, eliminating off-axis noise and feedback. The cardioid pattern allows microphone placement to occur farther from the sound source than a pressure transducer of equivalent sensitivity. The MK4 is ideal for both speech and music capturing, resulting in rich detail without coloration. The MK4 is also a viable solution for X/Y or Mid-Side stereo recording.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid pattern effectively rejects rear and off-axis audio signal resulting in greater signal to noise ratio and feedback rejection.
- Excellent Directional Response
- The cardioid characteristic allows the MK4 to be placed at further proximities from the signal source without degradation.
- Wide Linear Frequency Response
- The wide frequency response ensures accurate detail regardless of the source signal.