The Genelec 8020.LSE ESPRESSO 5.1 Surround monitoring system is comprised of 58020A nearfield monitors matched with the 7050B subwoofer. The 8020A is a small, bi-amplified, 2-way speaker with twin 20 Watt amplifiers and shielded 4" and .75" Low and High frequency drivers, housed in a sturdy die-cast aluminum enclosure, and designed for use in any professional audio production environment where space considerations are paramount.
The two unique features of the 8020A are the MDE(Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) cabinet design, and the Iso-Pod(Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) speaker mount. The MDE design, with it's rounded, curved cabinet edges, improves spatial imaging and playback consistency. The Iso-Pod is a positioning mount that raises and isolates the speaker from the rumble and resonances often caused by surface placement.
The 7050B subwoofer features an 8" driver, powered by a robust 70 Watt amplifier, housed in Genelec's proprietary LSE(Laminar Spiral Enclosure) bass reflex cabinet. This design combines minimized enclosure noise with tight, consistent signal dispersion, a characteristic of laminar. The rear panel of the unit provides a bass management section featuring 5 separate XLR I/O's and a dedicated LFE input, for mixing or monitoring in Dolby Digital, DTS, and other encoding formats.
The 8020.LSE ESPRESSO is a worthy and progressive solution as a 5.1 Surround monitoring system for studio and A/V post or multi-media applications.
- Active 5.1 Surround monitoring system with unique design and specially matched subwoofer
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure(MDE) design with rounded edges curved front and sides for smooth frequency response and clear spatial imaging, minimal cabinet edge wave diffraction
- LSE (Laminar Spiral Enclosure) bass reflex subwoofer cabinet design for minimized turbulence noise and optimum signal flow
- Directivity Control Waveguide(DCW)and rear panel reflex port design for accurate and balanced wave dispersion , durable die-cast aluminum cabinet construction
- Isolation Position/Decoupler(Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other aberrant vibration related resonances
- Metal grille covering for monitor drivers
- Front Panel power switch and volume controls for nearfields
- Integrated monitor rear support points for wall and floor stands, 3/8" threading for enclosure cabinet base mounting
- Balanced XLR inputs, outputs for all speakers
- Balanced XLR output for daisy-chaining multiple units or connection to Subwoofer
- Rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt, Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing monitor speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- 25 Hz lower cutoff frequency for subwoofer
- Selectable 85/120 Hz lowpass filter switch and 0/+10dB LFE sensitivity switch for subwoofer
- 7 separate control switches for phase adjustment, bass roll-off and tone control for subwoofer
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry for all speakers