The Sony LMD-152S is a 15-inch, multi-format monitor with a high performance LCD panel. The new monitor features a Sony engineered color processing technology called ChromaTru. This new technology allows users to closely match the color performance between various size LUMA LCD monitors as well as emulate the color of SMPTE-C, EBU or ITU-709 standards. A separate multi-format engine houses the video processing, input connections, option slots, controls and power supply, which enables the monitor to be thin and lightweight. Only the LCD panel and the tally light are mounted in the display cabinet, providing a lightweight design that allows greater installation flexibility. The multi-format engine accepts a wide range of analog and digital signals such as NTSC, PAL, 480/60i, 575/50i, 480/60p, 576/60p, 1080/50i, 1080/60i, 720/60p, and 1080/24-frame. Optional input cards for SDI, HDSDI, and iLink are available.
- X Algorithm Processing and ChromaTrue
- The LMD-152S monitor utilizes some of the most advanced image and color processing available. A function called X-Algorithm eliminates jagged shaped noise along the oblique direction of fast motion objects inherent in interlaced to progressive scan processing. The ChromaTrue process provides precise RGB color calibration so that the LCD monitor may be matched to traditional CRT monitors.
- HD and Standard Definition Compatibility
- This monitor with a 4:3 aspect ratio screen can accept NTSC and PAL system signals in addition to a long list of alternative progressive and interlaced video formats. It even supports Sony Cine Alta 24-frame 720p video. With optional input modules the LMD-152S can accept HD-SDI, SD-SDI and even Firewire video signals.
- Versatile Mounting Options
- The LMD-152S has an outboard input module, a separate box that actually accepts the cables for video input and output. The screen can be mounted up to 10 meters or about 33 feet away. This feature works in almost any production environment including ENG trucks and remote production studios. In addition to the screens slim design the unit generates very little heat.