Fotospeed LD20 Lith Developer allows you to explore the art of lith printing, using selected black & white papers, and offers the printmaker unusual and unique effects unlike the results achieved by toning.
Fotospeed Lith developer is supplied as a two part liquid concentrate that can be combined. Each Part dilutes 1+3 with water before being mixed together to form the working solution, making up to a total of 10 liters of working solution.
- This is a creative tool that does not require a "lith" negative. The color of the finished image is largely determined by a combination of the printing paper, the length of the exposure and the developing time.
- Rarely is a print left in the developer for the full processing time. The "color" of the image is "captured" by pulling the print as soon as the desired color is visible in the tray, anything from a subtle peach color, through a greenish brown to a cold black.
- Fresh developer does not give the most interesting results. The best results will occur after a few prints. Alternatively, add old used lith developer(old brown) at 1:4.
- Success with this process is very dependant on the printmakers tenacity and experience gained only through trial and error. The instructions that accompany the Lith developer are very detailed and encourage experimentation.
- LD20 will keep for at least two years in unopened bottles. Once opened the contents should be used within two months.