Arca Swiss has taken the portable view camera principle has been taken to a new level with the Arca-Swiss 4x5 F-Line Misura View Camera. This F-Line lightweight camera features self-contained transit protection in the form of an ingenious metal casing, which unfolds to expose the camera much like the wings of a beetle. Intelligent engineering has yielded a design as limitless and rewarding as many studio camera designs with the unique capacity to be carried like a small shoulder bag.
As a system, the Arca Swiss F-Classic cameras are incredibly precise and professional view cameras featuring calibrated, easily accessed control blocks (they call them 'function carriers). Focusing is done with your right hand, with finely geared control available from both the front and the rear standard, unlike most field cameras. All camera movements are done on the left. This special Misura version of the 4x5 format offers a custom 32cm folding monorail, which accommodates the included bellows and folds up inside the metal shell/case for travel.
The metal 4x5 Misura offers 78mm of front rise, 65mm of rear rise, and 20mm of rear fall, with 70mm of lateral shift upon the front standard and 50mm of lateral shift upon the rear. While the rear standard cannot tilt or swing, the front offers Arca-Swiss' "Orbix" center tilt for easy control over the plane of focus and the depth of field in the images. The bottom of the metal case features a standard Arca-type quick release plate, which fits directly into any Arca-type quick release clamp, itself an adored professional standard. The Arca Swiss 4x5 Misura is a supreme quality, easily transported professional tool for those that frequently travel, ideal for use with medium format film backs (up to 6x9) and very good for use with digital backs made to fit medium format SLR system cameras.
- An incredibly precise view camera which folds into its own metal case carrier
- Fully modular system with extensive accessories for viewing, conversion, etc.
- Great for use with digital backs and lenses
- Folding 32cm monorail and 30cm conical bellows
- Accepts 35-270mm lenses, and 300mm lenses can be used @ infinity by inverting front standard
- Rapid, friction-based ungeared movements
- 78mm Front rise, 65mm rear rise, and 20mm rear fall
- 70mm of shift upon front standard and 50mm of shift upon rear standard
- Front "Orbix" center based tilt
- Micro geared rear standard focusing (great for macro shooting)
- Standard 110mm lensboard
- Rail inserts directly into any Arca-type quick release
- Available 15 cm monorail extension (catalog #041226, B&H item code "ARMRE15") allows approximately 360mm of bellows extension with supplied bellows