The M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 is a miniature professional 2-channel, 24-bit/96kHz digital recorder, using Compact Flash cards or Microdrives as storage media. The unit is feature-rich, easily operated, and surprisingly inexpensive, viable for use by location sound recordists, journalists, meeting, training or focus group recording, and other similar field applications.
The MicroTrack 24/96 supports WAV and MP3 file formats for recording and drag-and-drop transfer to computer via a USB port. The unit offers dual mic preamps with 48V phantom power, and is supplied with a 5V stereo electret condenser microphone. A SPDIF digital input, and both RCA stereo line outputs and a stereo 1/8" mini headphone output are standard, and the versatile powering options for the recorder include USB, the supplied rechargeable battery, or an optional AC power supply.
- 2-channel portable WAV and MP3 Compact Flash or Microdrive recorder
- Up to 100 minutes of 16-bit/44.1 stereo WAV file recording, up to 1500 minutes of stereo MP3 at 96kbps, on 1GB flash card
- Cross-platform drag-and-drop file transfer via USB port, low minimum Windows 98SE/Mac OS 8.6 system requirement
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery power with up to 8 hr. battery life, USB power, or optional power supply
- Separate left and right input level controls with dedicated signal and peak indicators, stereo output level control
- Dual microphone preamps with 48V phantom power for use with studio-quality condensers
- 1/8" stereo 5V plug-in power electret condenser mic input with supplied stereo microphone
- SPDIF coaxial digital input
- RCA line outputs, 1/8" Stereo Mini headphone out for speaker. mixer or headphone monitoring
- Large backlit LCD display
- Intuitive dedicated button complement includes Navigation, Record, Hold, Pause, Delete, Menu and Power