The VTMP-2C, a two channel microphone preamp, is completely tube-based for a distinctively warm, but clean and quiet sound. It is designed to give the recording studio the unsurpassed sound of tube amplification in a package that is convenient to operate and easy to interface with modern consoles and tape recorders.
The design of the original VTMP-2 (1985) on which the VTMP-2C is based, included many firsts that are now commonly found on other microphone preamps, such as instrument inputs, solid-state regulated supplies, variable tube gain and audiophile specifications to name a few.
This limited edition hand-built unit uses the original main and power PCB's in an updated chassis and input boards. The unit has the same unsurpassed sound as the original but with added features such as a two stage low cut, continuously variable gain, greater gain range, LED VU meters, new Jensen microphone transformers and active balanced outputs. Each unit is tested, signed and numbered by the designer, James Demeter.
- Two channel all tube microphone preamplifier with DI functions
- Each independent channel of the preamp has a variable gain control of 30 to 60dB
- Power supply features full regulation of the B+ voltage (250 V) and the filament voltage (12.6 V) for low noise and quick response
- Jensen 110KHPC input transformers, polypropylene capacitors and metal film resistors
- Phase switch and two position low cut switch
- 20dB microphone pad, fader, phantom switch and indicator, LED VU meter with selectable modes (dBu or peak)
- LED overload indicator