Hoya Close-Up Filter - Have you ever wished that your lens could focus closer than it does? Imagine that you could put a magnifying glass in front of your camera's lens. Close-up lenses work in this fashion, and are the simplest and least expensive method of close-up photography. They are available in different "powers" (diopters).
A +1 close-up lens will allow you to focus your lens somewhat closer than it already does. A +2 close-up lens will allow you to focus closer than the +1. A +3 lens will allow you to focus even closer than a +2, and so on.
Pro 1 Digital filters are ultra thin, but have a front thread.
Note! A +1 combined with a +2 will equal a +3, while a +2 combined with a +4 will equal a +6, and so on. The maximum magnification achieved with these attachments will depend on the focal length of your lens, as well as the actual close focusing capability of that particular lens. Depth-of-field is shallow, so use as small an aperture as possible.
- Digital Multi-Coated
- Digital multi-coated filters greatly reduce the appearance of lens flare and ghosting caused by reflections
- Black Almite Frame
- Filters feature a black matte aluminum, satin-finish almite frame, which reduces reflections
- Black Rimmed Glass
- These filters are equipped with black-rimmed glass to reduce the chance of light reflecting off the edge
- Low Profile Frame
- Ultra-thin filter frames, which help to avoid vignetting on super wide angle lenses, are also designed to hold a lens cap
- Knurling Edge Frame
- These filters are equipped with a straight knurling edge for non-slip, easy attachment and removal
- UV Protected Case
- Filter cases are UV protected, which further lengthens the life of filters