The PSC DV PROMIX 6 is a professional field audio mixer designed to fit the needs of DV Cam users and professional field audio engineers. The mixer's 6 input channels feature balanced XLR female inputs, switchable between microphone and line level signal. Each input provides a dedicated direct output and individually switchable +48v phantom power. Left, Right and Center position switches are located on every input channel, routing signals to separate destinations or for panoramic placement of audio via the stereo outputs.
The output section features 2 sets of balanced XLR male connectors that are also line level and microphone level switchable. Camera A and Camera B outputs feature L/R XLR connectors and enable 2 cameras to be fed simultaneously. Output peak limiting minimizes overloaded output signal, eliminating distortion and noisy recordings. Dual dedicated 1/8" mini tape return inputs allow accurate monitoring of recorded signals from video cameras, recording devices etc. 1/4" Phone and 1/8" mini monitor output provides headphone monitoring or an output to a consumer camera.
- Microphone & Line Level Inputs
- The DV PROMIX 6 features 6-balanced XLR female inputs, each feature microphone and line level (user switchable) signal flow. All inputs feature individually switched +48v phantom power.
- Camera A & Camera B Output
- Dual stereo pairs XLR outputs provide either line or microphone level signal and feed 2 cameras simultaneously.
- Direct Outputs
- Each input features a dedicated 1/4" phone output for flexible routing to recording devices, additional mixers, etc.
- Channel Assignment (Pan) Switches
- Dedicated Left, Right and Center position switches are located on every input channel. These channel assignment switches send signals to the left or right outputs, routing signals to separate destinations or for panoramic placement of audio.
- Low Cut Filters
- Each input section features a Low Frequency Cut (High Pass) filter switch. This effectively reduces noise and hum registering in the lower frequency spectrum.
- Tape / Direct Input Monitoring
- Dual 1/8" (3.5mm) mini tape return jacks allows monitoring from video cameras and field recording devices, resulting in more accurate, noise free recordings.
- Output Limiters
- The output section features user switchable audio limiting, reducing peak distortion and noise caused by overloaded output signals.
- Plenty of Power Options
- In addition to external power, the PROMIX6 is capable of battery operation with 8 standard AA alkaline or lithium batteries.
- Bright LED Display
- A bright, comprehensive LED display effectively displays audio level under bright sun light.