The Sony C38B is a professional large diaphragm condenser microphone intended for vocal and instrument capturing in professional recording studios. The condenser element provides dual switchable polar patterns. The cardioid and omni-directional polar patterns provide control over the pick up angle for complete flexibility in any recording scenario.
A low-cut filter switch eliminates low frequency noise and proximity effect. An -8dB PAD switch maximizes gain and reduces distortion noise caused by transient peaks. Sony employs an FET output stage for maximum gain structure and minimal noise. Overall the C38B holds up considerably well against top condenser microphone models and is a popular choice among the recording industry's top engineers.
- Switchable Polar Patterns
- The C38B features switchable omni-directional and cardioid polar patterns for maximum flexibility and control over pickup angle.
- Low-Cut Filter
- A low-cut filter switch eliminates low-frequency noise and proximity effect.
- Pad Switch
- A -8dB PAD switch provides added headroom and minimizes distortion.
- FET Output Stage
- The FET output stage delivers high signal gain and low noise floor.