The Yamaha AW1600 is 16-track desktop hard disk workstation recorder. The small-footprint, modestly priced unit is crammed with useful features, including 16- and 24-bit recording resolution, built-in 48V phantom power on the 8 XLR/1/4" Combo inputs, full EQ, dynamics and effects processing, and an on-board sampler.
The AW1600 records to a fast internal 3.5" 40GB hard disk, and the built-in CD-R/RW offers Master CD burning capabilities along with data backup functionality. The mixer section features 13 smooth 45mm faders, full-featured editing, and a large backlit LCD display. The built-in USB port allows for seamless file transfer to an external computer for further backup and editing purposes, and the recorder offers full WAV file support.
The AW1600 is a welcome addition to the personal production market, offering a value-laden, low-cost alternative for songwriters, bands and event or corporate videography post production facilities.
- 8-input, 16-track desktop workstation recorder with uncompressed 16-bit or 24-bit/44.1 resolution( 8-track record and playback at 24-bit res.) and 40GB high-speed internal disk drive
- 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion, 32-bit internal processing
- 8 virtual tracks per physical track (18 x 8 in 16-bit mode)
- 8 combo XLR/14" inputs with switchable 48V phantom power, Hi-Z mono phone jack on input 8 for direct guitar or bass instrument input
- Built-in CD-R/RW drive for up to 8x Master burning or data backup, WAV file support
- 4-band EQ and versatile dynamics processing on all mixer inputs and recorder tracks, dual stereo ambience, multi-effects and simulator processors
- Pitch Fix function for precise vocal pitch correction
- Quick loop sampler section with 4-voice polyphony, 16- or 24-bit stereo sampling, and preset rhythm phrase and pattern library; Sound Clip function for recording short audio samples or musical "memos"
- USB and SPDIF digital I/O ports for data transfer to computer or direct recording to external CD, DAT or Minidisc Master recorder