Advanced Photoshop CS Trickery & FX takes digital artists to the next level of creativity by teaching you how to blend your artistic talent seamlessly with the powerful tools of Photoshop CS2. The book assumes a fundamental level of skill with Photoshop and builds upon those skills by helping you learn how and why Photoshop does what it does. With this knowledge, you'll be ready to take on new challenges and work though the practical, fun tutorials throughout the book.
All of the core tools of Photoshop CS2 used for effects are put to use in the projects, so buckle up and get ready to create!
On the CD: Includes a companion CD-ROM (Win/Mac) with all of the files needed to do the tutorials, all of the book images, demos of Photoshop CS2 (PC), nik Multimedia Color Efex Pro 2.0 (PC), and nik Sharpener Pro 2.0 (PC).
About the Author: Stephen Burns (Encinitas, CA) is the author of Photoshop CS Trickery & FX. He began as a photographer 25 years ago and then moved toward the digital medium. His influences include the great Abstractionists and surrealists. He has been a corporate instructor and lecturer in digital art and design for almost ten years.
He won first please in the prestigious Seybold International Digital Arts contest. In addition, he works in 3D animation and digital video special effects editing, and is the current president of the San Diego
- Teaches how to use High Definition file formats
- Details the enhanced Camera Raw interface
- Explores the improved Brush Engine and the new Filter & Special effects
- Shows how to use the exposure merge program to gain control over image shadow, midtones, and highlights
- Covers the new effects in the special effects menu
- Teaches how to use HDR and Smart Objects to composite photos
- Explains how to add lights for effect and create tornado and debris effects
- Shows how to integrate 3D objects
- Details the nuances of working with people and backgrounds
- For both systems you will need Photoshop Cs2 and QuickTime 6.5 or higher
- Windows: Intel Pentium III or 4 processor; Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4, or Windows CP with Service Pack 1 or 2; 384MB of RAM to run any one creative application with Adobe Bridge and Version Cue Workspace
- Macintosh: PowerPC G4 or G6 processor; Mc OS X v.10.2.8 through v.10.4 (10.3.4 through 10.4 recommended; G5 requires v.10.3 or later), Java Runtime Environment 1.4.1; 384MB of RAM to run any one creative application with Adobe Bridge and Version Cue Workspace
- Both systems also require 1024 x 768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card (24-bit screen display recommended); CD-ROM drive; and for Adobe PostScript printers: PostScript Level 2 or Postscript 3