The Genelec 8030A is a small, bi-amplified, 2-way speaker with twin 40 Watt amplifiers and shielded 5" and .75" Low and High frequency drivers, housed in a sturdy die-cast aluminum enclosure, designed for use in any professional audio production environment where space considerations are paramount.
The two unique features of the 8030A are the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) cabinet design, and the Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) speaker mount. The MDE design, with its' rounded, curved cabinet edges, improves spatial imaging and playback consistency. The Iso-Pod is a positioning mount that raises and isolates the speaker from the rumble and resonances often caused by surface placement.
The two 8030A rear panel connectors are 3-pin XLRs, providing both an input, and an output, for daisy-chain 5.1 surround expansion needs, or use with a subwoofer. A modest complement of tone control DIP switches allows for adjustment to the room's acoustic environment, and a bass port improves low end reproduction.
The 8030A is a worthy and progressive solution for traditional stereo recording, or Surround mixing, in commercial and project studio, AV post, or mobile truck environments.
- 2-way biamplified studio monitor with dual 40 Watt amplifiers and active crossover
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) design with rounded edges curved front and sides for smooth frequency response and clear spatial imaging, minimal cabinet edge wave diffraction
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and rear panel reflex port design for accurate and balanced wave dispersion , durable die-cast aluminum cabinet construction
- Metal grille covering for drivers
- Front Panel power switch and volume control
- Isolation Position/Decoupler (Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other aberrant vibration related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, 3/8" threading for enclosure cabinet base mounting
- Balanced XLR Input
- Balanced XLR Output for daisy-chaining multiple units or connection to Subwoofer
- Rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt, Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry
- Switchable power supply for international use