The Genelec 8050A is a compact two-way monitor with dual amplifiers ideal for areas where space is a consideration, such as home, project, or mobile studios. Shielded 8-inch and 1-inch drivers, housed in a sturdy aluminum enclosure, provide clear and accurate audio reproduction with a frequency response of 38Hz to 20kHz. An XLR input provides wide compatibility with virtually any system.
Two unique features of the 8050 are the Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) cabinet design, and the Isolation Positioner/Decoupler (Iso-Pod) speaker mount. The MDE design, with its rounded cabinet edges, improves spatial imaging and playback consistency. The Iso-Pod is a positioning mount that raises and isolates the speaker from the rumble and resonances often caused by surface placement. Rear-panel tone controls allow the speaker to be customized to your workspace.
- Two-way active studio monitor
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to video monitors
- All-aluminum cabinet construction
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) design with rounded edges, curved front and sides for smooth frequency response and clear spatial imaging with minimal cabinet edge wave diffraction
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and rear panel reflex port design for accurate and balanced wave dispersion
- Rear-panel power switch and volume control
- Isolation Position/Decoupler (Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning and separates the speaker from the placement surface, eliminating rumble and other vibration-related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, 3/8" threading for enclosure cabinet base mounting
- Balanced XLR input
- Rear panel treble and bass tilt and bass roll-off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to the acoustic character of the room
- Transparent overload protection circuitry