The IDX VAL-4SI is a four-channel, simultaneous Li-Ion (Lithium-Ion) fast charger. Up to four Li-Ion Endura V-mount batteries can be charged in 2.5 hours or less. The VAL series allows the expansion to charge 4 more Endura batteries utilizing the supplied cables. This model has the ability to offer information for PC retrieval.
- The VAL-4S offers a lightweight design with a convenient built-in handle.
- The highly reliable V-Mount, battery mount is becoming more and more prevalent on many new broadcast and professional camcorders.
- Condition Indicator
An LED condition indicator offers a quick glance of each battery's charge status.
- Red (charging)
- Green (complete/trickle)
- Orange (battery fault)
- Intelligent Charging
- As Li-Ion is memory free, batteries can be charged from any state regardless of the batteries charge status. Each IDX Li-Ion battery has its own built-in microprocessor which enables direct communication with the chargers program to individually select for each battery the correct charge program specific for that battery.
- World-Wide AC Power
- As with all IDX chargers, the VAL-4S's power switch is recessed to prevent an accidental loss of power. A world-wide, auto-sensing AC power (AC 100-240V) operation is standard.
- 8 Channel Expansion
- The VAL series expands to a second bank of Endura battery charging; it utilizes supplied cables to allow 8 batteries to be charged. The first four charge simultaneously, when finished the second set of four charge simultaneously.
- Information Retrieval
- Via a USB port, this model allows the user to retrieve charging infromation for PC viewing and storage.