From the Audio-Technica UniPoint Series, the U853RU Hanging Microphone is designed for accurate signal reproduction in theaters, houses-of-worship, conference halls, boardrooms, schools, professional recording applications and more. The U853RU features a flexible steel hanger that grips the suspended cable and capsule, enabling easy microphone placement without excess hardware.
The U853RU features Audio-Technica's UniLine cardioid capsule. The UniLine cardioid capsule features a tight 90 degree acceptance angle, virtually eliminating audio signal outside of the pick up pattern. The result is a focused pattern that accurately reproduces audio signal in noisy environments.
A low frequency roll-off switch eliminates rumble and noise associated with room ambiance, acoustics, wind, proximity effect, etc. The U853AU's rich audio quality, detailed signal reproduction, small profile and flexibility make it an excellent choice for capturing choirs, theatrical performances, lectures, sermons, etc.
- UniLine Cardioid Capsule
- The included UniLine cardioid capsule provides a focused pick up pattern with a 90 degree acceptance angle. The focused pick up eliminates unwanted noise outside of the pattern
- Flexible Steel Suspension Hanger
- The steel hanger wraps around the ceiling suspended cable and capsule. The flexible design enables flexible positioning and placement.
- Interchangeable Capsules
- The UniPoint series features interchangeable capsules. A cardioid capsule is included although hyper-cardioid, omni-directional and UniLine capsules are available as options.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The included cardioid capsule provides a focused pick up pattern while minimizing noise and ambiance that can cause feedback.
- UniSteep Filter
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off filter eliminates low-frequency residual noise at 80Hz.
- RFI Shielding
- UniGuard RFI-shielding protects the microphone against noise caused by radio-frequency interference in the area.