The Schneider 4x4" Graduated Tobacco 3 Glass Filter adds an old west "period" look to your photos.
With graduated filters, often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Schneider Graduated Color filters are part clear and part color. They are designed to be used in professional matte boxes, so that they are readily positioned at the exact angle required to create desired effects.
Used primarily to add color to part of a scene where color may be weak or absent, Schneider Graduated Color filters can also be used for color effects which contribute to the cinematic drama of a scene. They are available in an array of colors. The Soft or Hard label indicates the degree of color graduation.
Note! Graduated Tobacco filters are available in grades from 1-3 with 3 having the greatest effect
- Schneider Graduated Color filters, designed to provide a wide range of photographic effects, work well with sky, foliage and skin tones; They can be combined with each other, or with other filters, to provide a virtually limitless range of breathtaking effects
- There are two versions of Schneider Graduated Color filters
- Soft-edge and hard-edge: Typically soft edge filters are used with wide to medium angle lenses because these lenses have a greater depth of field; Hard edge filters are preferred for use with telephoto lenses or when a bold transition is preferred
- High-Quality Construction
- Schneider Graduated Color filters feature crystal clear, water-white optical glass, protected against edge-chipping and delamination by Schneider's unique Edge Seal, which also significantly reduces edge reflections and flare
- Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect