The Schneider 4x5.65" DigiCon 1 filter is used for a "filmic look" when shooting with digital cameras. When used in front of the lens, it optically raises black levels while lowering highlights.
Note: Digicon filters are available in strengths of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 and 2 - with 2 having the greatest effect
- Combined with in camera gamma settings and/or post production, a higher dynamic range can be recorded
- The filters are used in a matte box mounted to the camera and are geared toward digital shooting
- The result is more detail in highlight and shadow areas with no loss of resolution or softening of the image
- Filter produces no color shift and highlights are clean and halo-free
- May be used on a 35mm cine camera to approximate the look of a lower contrast film stock