The Schneider 24mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL Lens with Schneider Electronic Shutter is an extremely wide angle large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction, and this Apo-Digitar XL can comfortably be used at its maximum aperture at all times.
This version of the lens is mounted to a Schneider Electronic Shutter, which is a compact shutter with PC or hand unit control, speeds from 1/60th to 32 seconds, and aperture control in 1/10th f/stop increments. It is so small that Schneider has been able to fit it into a lensboard which fits the Plaubel PL69D camera, essentially shortening the minimum bellows extension of the camera so that you can freely employ the camera's extensive movements to the limits of the lens' coverage.
This Apo-Digitar XL lens is appropriate for use with backs as large as 36x48mm, and upon such backs it will capture an image area similar to that of a 17mm lens upon a 35mm format camera. Its short focal length and wide 100° viewing angle are perfect for documenting tight interiors.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Apo-Digitar XL is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
On larger backs approaching the lens' maximum coverage, the Schneider #08-019786 center filter is highly recommended for best performance.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 36x48mm
- Schneider Electronic Shutter with speeds from 32 seconds to 1/60th second, 1/10th f/stop aperture control, and operation from either a computer or a handheld unit
- Mounted to a Plaubel PL69D lensboard to allow easier operation of cameras
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 60mm image circle
- Wide angle view with 100° coverage
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/5.6-11
- Accepts 52mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras
- Optional 08-019786 center filter