The Schneider 35mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL Lens with Schneider Electronic Shutter is an extremely wide angle large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction, and this Apo-Digitar XL can comfortably be used at its maximum aperture at all times.
This version of the 35mm Apo-Digitar-XL is mounted to a Schneider Electronic Shutter, which is a compact shutter with PC or hand unit control, speeds from 1/60th to 32 seconds, and aperture control in 1/10th f/stop increments. It is so small that it can easily be mounted into the body of many camera's lensboards, essentially shortening the minimum bellows extension of the camera system.
This Apo-Digitar XL lens is recommended for use with backs as large as 37x49mm, and upon such backs it captures an image area similar to that of a 25mm lens upon a 35mm format camera. Its short focal length and wide 102° viewing angle are ideal for capturing tight spaces.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Apo-Digitar XL is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
On larger backs approaching the lens' maximum coverage, the Schneider #08-1003286 center filter is highly recommended for best performance.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 37x49mm
- Mounted in Schneider Electronic Shutter, with speeds from 32 seconds to 1/60th second, 1/10th f/stop aperture control, and operation from either a computer or a handheld unit
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 90mm image circle
- Wide angle view with 102° coverage
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/5.6-11
- Accepts 52mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras
- Optional 08-1003286 center filter