The Schneider 47mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar XL Lens with Schneider Electronic Shutter is an extremely wide angle large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction, and this Apo-Digitar XL can comfortably be used at its maximum aperture at all times.
This version of the 47mm Apo-Digitar-XL is mounted to a Schneider Electronic Shutter, which is a compact shutter with PC or hand unit control, speeds from 1/60th to 32 seconds, and aperture control in 1/10th f/stop increments.
This Apo-Digitar XL lens is recommended for use with backs as large as 63x63mm, and upon such a back it will capture an image area similar to that of a 42mm lens upon a 6x6 format camera; a very wide view captured to the chip. The short focal length and wide 100° viewing angle are ideal for capturing tight interiors, buildings surrounded by other close physical obstacles, etc.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Apo-Digitar XL is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 63x63mm
- Mounted in Schneider Electronic Shutter, with speeds from 32 seconds to 1/60th second, 1/10th f/stop aperture control, and operation from either a computer or a handheld unit
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 113mm image circle
- Wide angle view with 100° coverage
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing
- Ideal working aperture range of f/8-11
- Accepts 52mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras