The Schneider 80mm f/4 Apo Digitar L Lens with Schneider Electronic Shutter is a standard view large format lens specifically designed for use with digital backs, which require extremely resolved, color correct image circles of a smaller size. Digital backs also benefit from use at larger apertures to avoid image degradation from diffraction, and this Digitar can comfortably be used at its maximum aperture at all times.
This version of the 80mm Apo Digitar L is mounted to a Schneider Electronic Shutter, which is a compact shutter with speeds from 1/60th to 32 seconds, aperture control in 1/10th f/stop increments, and operation capacity from either a PC or a hand controller.
The 80mm Digitar is appropriate for use with backs as large as 37x49mm, and upon such backs it will capture an image area similar to that of a 21mm lens upon a 56mm format camera. It is an ideal general purpose lens for both field and studio work, and remains sharp at a broad range of reproduction ratios.
In many cases, digital photography is superior to conventional photography when the desired end product is a print. But to achieve this ideal, high demands are made upon a lens' image reproduction quality. This is because of a digital image chip's small image receiving area, which demands that a scene's fine details are squeezed into a smaller image recording area. The Digitar is capable of maximizing your digital back's capacities.
- Extreme high resolution lens specifically for digital backs as large as 37x49mm
- Mounted in Schneider Electronic Shutter, with speeds from 32 seconds to 1/60th second, 1/10th f/stop aperture control, and operation from either a computer or a handheld unit
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 90mm image circle
- Standard view with 59° maximum coverage
- Minimum 53°/80mm lens coverage, even at f/4
- Ideal working aperture range of f/5.6-11
- Accepts 40.5mm threaded filters
- Small rear barrel, with minimal flange back to allow use on a broad variety of cameras