The Schneider 105mm Black Frost 1 Filter flares highlights, mutes colors, and tones down contrast, while retaining rich blacks. This is a very useful combination of effects for 16mm and 35mm film, as well as for HD and standard video. This filter is primarily for styling or mood-modifying.
Note! Black Frost filters are available in strengths from 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2-with 2 having the greatest effect.
- Depending on the grade chosen, Black Frosts subtly enhance a scene without degrading the image quality or black saturation
- Black Frost enables cinematographers to capture blacker blacks than are possible with similar types of filters
- Black Frost filters are made using a remarkable diffusion technology, to achieve a unique image styling that can be applied freely, without fear of having scenes appear "heavy-handed"
- By solving the problems of excessive light scatter and veiling glare associated with similar filters, Schneider Black Frost filters make possible a higher level of control and convenience
Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect