The Schneider 82mm White Frost 1/4 Water White Glass Filter is primarily for picture styling, or mood modifying. It subtly "flares" highlights and very slightly tones down contrast, while having no effect on image resolution or color reproduction.
Note! White Frost filters are available in strengths of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 and 2 - with 2 having the greatest effect
- It can also be used to reduce picture contrast by lowering white exposure, and can help you create a romantic or "period" look
- Depending on the strength chosen, it enhances a scene, subtly or strongly, without reducing image resolution; If you prefer a softened, romantic image, a White Frost filter can be combined with a Schneider Classic Soft filter
- Schneider White Frost filters provide a very useful combination of effects for 16mm and 35mm film, as well as for HD and standard video
Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect